Saturday, July 17, 2010

A short update

We do not have a good internet connection here in Kiev so I am sorry for not posting anything in awhile. We are doing well. It is hot here just like it is in OK. We were able to start our paperwork at the US Embassy on Thursday and now are just waiting on Erik's passport. We hope to have everything we need on Monday to complete the process with the US Embassy. We are scheduled to fly out very early Tuesday morning. We will have to leave our apartment at 2:30am, yuck!! But at least we will know we are on our way home. We spent the day yesterday playing in the fountains which was a lot of fun especially on a hot day. Erik seemed to have a really good time swimming in the fountain. We went back again last night to the fountains since we had such a good time in the afternoon. Communication with Erik is going good. He is a funny boy and likes to play and have fun. We find ourselves pointing at things a lot to show what we are meaning to say. He is picking up on a few words like Hello, Please, fountain, good night. It is like teaching a preschooler new words when they are learning to speak. We laugh all the time and the funny things he does and I feel like a kid again when hanging out with him and Emily. Last night we were all hanging out in the living room eating ice cream when he brought us all coffee cups full of water. He has a very caring and generous spirit and of course as his mom I love it. He has a lot of energy which is keeping Michael and I on our toes. It is good for us though and is keeping us young at this point. Right now we are hanging out in the bedroom and he is blowing bubbles. Too cute!! He is sleeping well at night and wakes up all energized in the morning.

Today we plan to go and check out a Natural History Museum and some other tourist things here in the city. The hardest part of the process is over and now we can relax and just wait for the day we get to come back home. I believe that God wanted us to be here a few more days so we could get more comfortable with Erik as he trusts us more and more each day. He is such a joy to be around and seems to love his new found freedom. I am overwhelmed at the joy I feel in knowing that we get to be a part of this little guys life and show him love and what a family is really supposed to be like. I am so thankful that God chose us to love him and to be his Mom & Dad. I am trying to upload some pictures but it looks like it may have stalled so for now you may just get the update with no new pics. I will have to wait to post pics when we get home. It is frustrating but oh well, at least it is at the end of our trip and not the beginning. Thanks so much for all your prayers and kind words on this journey. We are almost home and oh what a day that will be!! Love you all, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment